Camp Policies and Procedures
What to Bring
- Backpack (with name written on the inside)
- Home folder
- Water bottle (with poptop)
- Snack and juice
- Lunch, sunscreen, swimsuit and towel (if staying for 49er Youth Fitness Camp in the afternoon)
What to Wear
- Comfortable and light colored clothing is best
- Close-toed shoes (tennis shoes required for 49er Youth Fitness Camp)
- Light sweatshirt (computer labs are air conditioned)
- Children are not to bring cell phones, ipods, toys, electronic games
or trading cards to the camp. The camp staff and the university
are not responsible for any lost or stolen articles while your child is
- If your child will not be attending camp (due to illness, etc.) please
inform the camp office prior to 9:00 a.m. (562) 985-2216 or (562) 985-2570.
- If you are late in dropping your children off, it is your responsibility
to walk them to the Club Sports and Recreation Office (PE-20A). We will
have staff available to walk them to the appropriate classroom.
- If you would like to visit your child at camp, please feel free to do
so. However, we would appreciate a note indicating the day and time
you would like to visit. You are more than welcome to join your child
for lunch. Do not take them out of the lunch area without notifying the
- If you plan to pick your children up from camp earlier than the 12:00
noon ending time, you (or another adult you have authorized to pick
up your child) must come to the Club Sports and Recreation Office
(PE-20A) and sign them out for the day.
- Children who exhibit repetitive disciplinary behavior will be subject to dismissal from the camp. A refund will not be given. Parents will be
notified of problems and encouraged to assisit the camp staff in resolving the problems.
- If your children have special needs, (i.e. allergies, medication, instruction etc.) please alert the camp director in letter
form and turn it in to the camp office with the application.
Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures
- Drop-off for early morning supervision is between 7:30 a.m. and 7:45 a.m.
After 7:45 a.m., you are responsible for escorting your child to the East
Gym. (There is an additional fee for the early morning supervision service).
- General camp drop-off is between 8:10 a.m. and 8:25 a.m. in Parking Lot
12 (Carpenter Performing Arts Center). At 8:25 a.m., the camp supervisor
will leave Parking Lot 12 and escort the children to the EAST GYM. If you
drop your children off after 8:25 a.m., you are responsible for escorting
them to the Club Sports and Recreation Office (PE-20A). Do not allow
your children to walk to the Physical Education Building unescorted.
- If you are late picking up your son/daughter from the camp, you will be
charged $5.00 for each five minutes that you are late. Payment must be
made at the time of the pick-up.
- If your children are not staying for the 49er Youth Fitness Camp, pick-up
for the Academic Enrichment Camp is 12:15 p.m. at Parking Lot 12. If you
pick up your children before 12:15 p.m., go to the Club Sports and Recreation
Office (PE-20A) to inform the camp staff.
Please pack sunscreen for your children. We will make every effort possible to assist in applying the sunscreen prior to the start of the 49er Youth Fitness Camp.
Transition to 49er Youth Fitness Camp
Those campers who have registered for the first session of the 49er Youth Fitness Camp will be excorted to the East Gym at 12:40 p.m.