Bike & Public Transit
Arrival / Departure Routes to & from CSULB
North Campus – Atherton St & Merriam Way
- LBT U-PASS: LBT 173, every 10 minutes.
- Until 5/30/09 CSULB Campus Connection: 2 West & 2 West Express Off Campus
- Bike: By Fall 2009, there will be a Class 2 Bike Lane along Atherton facilitating bike commuting from the RLC or from the northern cities in LA & OC that border the Class 1 San Gabriel River Bike Path.
South Campus – 7th St. & West Campus Drive
- LBT U-PASS: LBT 81, 91, 92, 93, 94, 96, 171 and Passport D, each every 10 – 15 minutes.
- MTA: 577 Express, every 30 minutes.
- OCTA: 60, 50, 1, every 10 to 30 minutes.
- Bike: 7th St. not recommended for East – West cycling. However, there are two Class 1 Bike Paths (on the Beach and through Bixby Village.) 7th St. cross available at the light at West Campus Drive.
East Campus – Palo Verde Ave
- U-PASS: LBT 81
- Bike: Again, the Class 2 Bike Lane along Atherton (accessing the Class 1 San Gabriel River Bike Path) will connect with the Class 2 Bike Lane along Palo Verde Ave. There are no bike lanes once the cyclist enters the campus itself.
West Campus – Beach Drive & Bellflower Blvd
- U-PASS: LBT 91, 92, 93, 94, 96, 171 and Passport D
- Bike: Class 2 Bike Lane improvements are scheduled along Bellflower Blvd.