• Explore subjects not offered at your high school;
• Take courses related to your intended college major;
• Experience CSULB’s academic and student life;
• Earn advanced credit toward your university degree;
• Have access to CSULB student services and resources.
There is no application fee, but students must have a cumulative high-school grade point average of at least 3.0, a letter of recommendation from your high-school counselor and an official copy of your high-school transcripts. The application packet is due to CSULB – University Outreach & School Relations by July 1 (for fall semester) and December 1 (for spring semester). Young Scholars may take up to 6 units (2 classes) per semester for just $103.50*.
Admission to the Young Scholars Program does not guarantee enrollment in all classes; students will need to obtain faculty approval to enroll in specific classes and may be required to complete class prerequisites. Admission to the Young Scholars Program does not guarantee admission to CSULB. If you wish to attend CSULB after high school, you must follow all regular admission procedures.
Please email Evelyn Daliwan at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application and parent permission form.
*Fees are subject to change