11th Grade Calendar
- Inquire about scholarships at your career center and apply.
- Ask local colleges about high-school university programs.
- Sign up to take the PSAT/NQT (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test and National Qualifying Test).
- Have a counselor review your records and plan for your senior year.
- Make sure you are taking college preparatory classes.
- Get involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Get good grades.
- Discuss college choices with other college-bound classmates.
- Talk over college choices with family and counselors.
- Keep a list of colleges and career interests.
- Talk with the college representatives that visit your high school.
January through February
- Visit various college campuses during the holidays or breaks.
- Review PSAT scores with your counselor as well as with math and English teachers.
- Determine how you might improve your scores.
- Inquire about college summer programs.
- Register to take the SAT/ACT.
- Choose your top five colleges, and visit them and collect information about each campus.
- Explore careers in depth.
May through June
- Take the Early Assessment Program test; results will show if you are prepared for college level English or math.
- Register for summer school.
- Visit college campuses during the summer.