Student Life & Development
Welcome to Student Life & Development (SLD). We are here to connect you to an out of the classroom education through the various experiences, resources and services CSULB has to offer. Get involved and create positive experiences and relationships to get the most of your time at "The Beach."
Goals of Student Life & Development
- Promote opportunities for campus and community involvement through student organizations, leadership training and experiences, and community service.
- Support and advise the many programs and events student organizations provide to the campus community.
Benefits of Involvement
- Make social connections and find a sense of community.
- Make a positive difference on campus and in the community.
- Develop transferable leadership skills.
- Interact with faculty, alumni, business and community leaders and experts in various disciplines.
- Increase the likelihood that you will succeed in achieving your academic degree.
- Gain exposure in career fields by collaborating with professionals and staff.
- Enhance your resume with demonstrated skills valued by potential employers.
The National Pan-Hellenic Council presents the 23rd Annual Long Beach Step Show "Beach Daze: Kickin' it Old School" on March 29, 2014 at the Long Beach State Walter Pyramid. Doors open at 12:30 pm and the show starts at 2:00 pm. The event is guaranteed to sell out so buy your tickets now! General Admission price is $20. Buy your tickets HERE
Student organization officers must attend workshops to conduct business on campus. Officer Orientation
allows you to reserve space on campus. ASI Fiscal
allows you to access your ASI Accounts.
Student Organizations planning events where food needing refrigeration or heating will be served or sold to non-organizational members must attend the Food Handling
The Office of Student Life and Development is pleased to announce the Fall 2013 Student Academic Travel Grant. This grant was made possible for those currently enrolled CSULB students wishing to enhance their educational experience by attending professional academic conferences, workshops, seminars and/or lectures.