Tips for Alcohol Safety
- Designate a sober driver.
- Don’t drink on an empty stomach. Eat foods high in protein and fat, such as cheese or nuts.
- Set a limit and stick to it!
- Avoid beer bongs, chugging, and drinking games.
- Know when you’ve had enough.
- Alternate alcoholic beverages with water, and be sure to drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated.
- Never drink when you’re hungry, angry, lonely, or tired.
- Pace yourself. Drink slower and eat in between alcohol drinks. It takes the body 60-90 minutes to fully feel
the effects of alcohol on a full stomach.
- Know the symptoms of alcohol poisoning.
- Never leave your drinks unattended or accept an open beverage from anyone.