Preparation of Primary and Supplemental Materials
Materials prepared by candidate – all files/binders should have the name of the candidate and home department on the cover and spine of the binder.
Primary File (Provided by the candidate)*
- RTP Status Sheet
- Professional Data Sheet
- Vitae (if required by College RTP Document)
- Index of Supplemental Materials
Supplemental Materials File (Provided by the candidate) **
- Supplemental documentation materials should be provided in separate binders so that only the primary file is forwarded to Faculty Affairs, as appropriate.
- Student Evaluation Summaries (and raw data, if submitted)
- Documented evidence of teaching, scholarly and creative activities, and service (i.e., syllabi, exams, publication, books, manuscripts, articles, paper presentations, exhibits, service commendation letters, etc.)
- Prior RTP and Mini reviews (added by committee if not by candidate)
Materials Added by Evaluators to the Primary File *
- Open Period Index of Materials
- Open Period Materials
- Department Committee Recommendation
- Department Chair Recommendation (optional)
- College RTP Committee Recommendation
- Dean Recommendation (or final decision in some cases)
- Candidate Rebuttals and any revised/adjusted recommendations
- Provost Final Decision
* Documents placed in official RTP File in Faculty Affairs.
** Documents normally returned to the candidate following the review.
August 20, 2010