Global Knowledge and Competence (GKC)
GOAL: To consistently use cultural world view frameworks without stereotypes and to consistently interpret intercultural experience from the perspective of both one’s own and other’s world views
as measured by students being able to:
- Identify historical, political, scientific, cultural, and socioeconomic interconnections between the United States and the rest of the world, and the ethical and moral questions involved in these connections.
- Articulate global interconnections by describing a problem in the social or natural world in terms of collective remedies that transcend national borders.
- Pose critical questions about power relations as they investigate the dynamic interactions among global and local agents as applied to the content of a real-world issue.
- Describe how global connections simultaneously create constraints and enhance opportunities to pursue social justice.
- Explain how living in a global society affects their professional and personal lives, and are willing and able to act to sustain and preserve their communities and the environment for future generations.