Physics and Astronomy
Bachelor of Arts in Physics (120 units)
Take all of the following courses:
- PHYS 151 Mechanics and Heat (4)
Prerequisite/Corequisite: MATH 122.
- PHYS 152 Electricity and Magnetism (4)
Prerequisite: PHYS 151; Prerequisite/Corequisite: MATH 123.
- PHYS 254 Modern Physics and Light (3)
Prerequisite: PHYS 152 or EE 210; Prerequisite/Corequisite: MATH 224.
- MATH 122 Calculus I (4)
Prerequisite: Appropriate MDPT placement or a grade of "C" or better in MATH 111 and 113, or a grade of "C" or better in MATH 117.
- MATH 123 Calculus II (4)
Prerequisite: A grade of "C" or better in MATH 122.
- MATH 224 Calculus III (4)
Prerequisite: A grade of "C" or better in MATH 123 or 222.
Take the following:
- A minimum of 24 units selected in consultation with Physics Department Undergraduate Advisor, at least 12 units of which must be in physics. The remaining units can be chosen from EDSS 300C, EDSS 300M, any courses in the College of Engineering, or any courses in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.