California State University, Long Beach continues to be the University of Choice for a talented and diverse group of California's best and brightest students. Beginning with Fall 2002, CSULB has been receiving more first-time freshman applicants than can be accommodated. To maintain the academic quality of CSULB academic programs and services, supplemental admissions criteria, are applied to first-time freshman applicants. First-time freshmen must:
• Apply on time, preferably on-line. Apply between October 1 and November 30.
• Take the SAT 1 or ACT preferably during October but no later than December and request scores be sent to CSULB.
• Complete the CSU required 15 unit course pattern prior to graduation.
• Perform well - earn the best grades possible (including the senior year).
• Pursue a back up plan should they not be offered admission to CSULB.
Students will qualify for regular admission when the university verifies that they have a CSULB qualifiable minimum eligibility index and will have completed the comprehensive pattern of college preparatory "a-g" subjects. Applicants to an impacted program must also meet supplementary criteria.