Click the Grades link on your course navigation bar.
Steps to Setting Up Your Gradebook
- Make sure you are using a BeachBoard supported browser.
- Set your Gradebook settings by going through the Grades Setup Wizard.
- Add your grade items and, if necessary, categories.
- Create a grade scheme (if desired), such as Letter Grades.
Enter your grades.
Creating a grade book category
Creating a grade item
- Types of grade items
- Create a Numeric grade item
- Create a Selectbox grade item
- Create a Pass/Fail grade item
- Create a Formula grade item
- Create a Calculated grade item
- Create a Text grade item
Managing grade categories and items
- Edit a grade book category or item
- Editing multiple grade book categories and items
- Hiding/showing items in the grade book
- Set display options for a category or item
- Set availability for a category or item
- Set release conditions for a category or item
- Reordering categories and grade items
- Deleting categories and grade items
- Enter grades using the spreadsheet view of the User List
- Enter grades by user
- Enter grades by category
- Enter grades by grade item
- Enter grades for items associated with quizzes, dropbox folders or discussions
Importing and exporting grades
- Import grade items
- Export grade items to a CSV file
- Sort Exported CSV File by Last Name in Microsoft Excel
- Export grades by group or section to a CSV file
- Grades import file format
Calculating final grades
- Access the Final Grades page
- Recalculate the final grade when “Automatically keep final grades updated” is not selected
- Enter an adjusted final grade
- Release a final grade
- Additional options on the Final Grades page
- Calculate final grades for a single user
- Excluding grade items from the final grade
- Scenario: Final calculated grade using Points system
- Scenario: Final calculated grade using Weighted system
Editing the calculated or adjusted final grade
- Edit the calculated or adjusted final grade
- Set display options for users
- Set display options for your view of the grade book
- Set release conditions for the final grade
- Editing grade items after users’ grades have been entered
Manage Grades Event Log
Creating a formula in the grades formula editor
Viewing grade statistics or Tracking grades with User Progress
Use the Grades tool to manage and share grades on assignments and tests with your students. Students can see your individual grades and comments, as well as class averages and feedback. They can also view their final grade and the grade formula used to evaluate you if your grades are released.
Course designers can set up grade books that reflect their approach to evaluation. You control the grading formula used to calculate grades; what projects, assignments, tests, etc. are graded; how grade items are associated with other tools; and when grades are released to users and what information they see.
Before you create a grade book, you should be familiar with the concepts the tool uses:
- grade books
- grade systems
- grade schemes
- grade calculations
Understanding the grade book
A grade book is a list of items on which you evaluate users’ performance. Grade items can include assignments, tests, discussion posts, participation, etc. Together, the items in a grade book represent all the work that you evaluate on in a course.
Before you can use the Grades tool you must set up a grade book.
Before you set up a grade book in BeachBoard you should know:
- what grade items you plan to evaluate
- how much each grade item should be worth
- how you want grade items to be evaluated
- how you want to calculate final grades
Although you can adjust your grade book later, making changes to how the grade book is structured or calculated after users’ grades have been entered can significantly change your data.