- AMOS is a structural equation modeling program that, while it is a separate installation, is a procedure that can be launched from within SPSS.
- AMOS stands for "Analysis of Moment Structures" It is comparable to EQS and LISREL.
||Windows only. View system requirements.
Faculty & Staff
|Software Depot Installation Policy
California State University, Long Beach participates in the CSU SPSS License and AMOS is a component of this license.
It is an annual subscription coordinated by Academic
Technology Services. The SPSS license use agreement period affecting AMOS is July 1
through June 30 of each year.
Faculty and staff are eligible to
install and use AMOS on their campus and home computers. This software
can only be installed on personally owned computers used primarily for
CSULB business in addition to university owned computers.
||Software install always requires administrative privileges of which
you may not have on your university owned computers. Please contact your
division, department or college technologist for assistance.
- For 2011-2012, CSULB will support versions 18 and 19 of AMOS for Windows.
- Earlier versions have been discontinued.
are not eligible to install SPSS AMOS on their personal computers. Students
can use the software wherever it is installed on campus-owned computers
such as the campus computer labs.
Students can lease or purchase SPSS AMOS through the University Computer Store or via the SPSS website. Before buying an SPSS student version, compare the lease options at e-academy.com .
Download and Installation
SPSS and AMOS can be downloaded from the Software Depot. The Software Depot steps are listed below.
- Log into Software Depot using your MYCSULB account and password.
- Use "Search by Product Titles" and select an SPSS product. When you
download SPSS 18 for Windows, AMOS 18 and SPSS Manuals are included.
When you download SPSS 17 for Windows, AMOS 17 for Windows is not
included (separate download). Click Go button.
- Click "Add to Cart".
- Click "Check Out".
- Product and customer names should appear. Enter your email address
as you will be sent a notification message. Click the Next button.
- Purchase Receipt screen will appear. Click "Secure Download".
- Click "Download Software". A security warning will appear - click Continue button.
- When asked if you would like to save this file, click "Save File".
- Select a directory to save SPSS and click "Save".
- Logoff of Software Depot.
- Navigate to the downloaded SPSS file and click to launch.
- "License Authorization and Software Installation" screen will appear. Click continue.
- Click "Launch Install" button and when ready, double click the SPSS "setup.exe" file to begin the installation.
- After SPSS is installed, find the AMOS executable file and run its installation.
Please submit questions, problems or suggestions regarding the AMOS license.