Welcome to Music Education at California State University, Long Beach.
Our well-respected music education program is the largest in California. Many school districts throughout southern California make CSULB their “first call” institution for high quality teaching candidates. Our full-time music education faculty have more than 80 years of successful K-12 teaching, and they bring that “real-world” experience to the university classroom. The music education curriculum is uniquely embedded in local K-12 districts, allowing you many early opportunities to experience teaching episodes in a safe and nurturing environment before student teaching. Our music faculty have high academic and performance expectations to prepare you for a successful teaching career!
- The largest music education certification program in the state
- Unprecedented levels of teacher placement in diverse urban and suburban school settings
- "First call" university for many Southern California school districts looking for qualified teacher candidates
- Program is heavily integrated into ethnically and culturally diverse K-12 classrooms, giving candidates valuable experience prior to student teaching
- State of the art technology integrated into music education curriculum
- All performance faculty highly supportive of Music Education candidates
- Teacher Intern program available