Choral, Vocal, and Opera Ensembles
The Department Of Music is proud to offer a wide variety of choral ensembles for the aspiring professional musician. Coached and conducted by the foremost leaders in the field, the ensembles exhibit a very high level of performance excellence. Each ensemble is in popular demand and performs concerts both on and off campus. The philosophy of the choral music program is to provide students with a wide exposure to and performance of the standard and contemporary choral literature.
The Opera Institute
The CSULB Opera Institute gives pre-professional opera singers the opportunity to perform fully staged, orchestrally accompanied operas yearly. Our nationally recognized opera program provides weekly master classes with working professional artists, directors, agents, and diction coaches. Recent alums of the Opera Institute are singing on major opera stages worldwide, studying at some of the most prestigious conservatories in the world, and giving recitals at festivals including Aspen, Tanglewood, Opera Festival di Roma, Music Academy of the West, and Glimmerglass Opera. Admission to the workshop is by audition only. Dr. David Anglin is the Director of the program.
Opera Audition Dates
Auditions for Opera are TBA. Download additional Opera Audition information here:
The Opera Institute Spring 2011
Performances @ CSULB University Theatre:
Friday, April 8 @ 8pm
Saturday, April 9 @ 2pm and 8pm
Sunday, April 10 @ 2pm
The Bob Cole Conservatory of Music at California State University, Long Beach and The College of the Arts Proudly Present:
Jules Massenet's Cendrillon
- David Anglin, coach
- Johannes Müller-Stosch, conductor
- Stephanie Vlahos, director
Once Upon a Time…enter the magical story of Cendrillon (Cinderella)—an enchanting production of Jules Massenet's French classic opera for adults and children alike, brought to you by the The Opera Institute at California State University, Long Beach. Don't miss this fairy tale production…we promise that if you do, you will live "Happily Ever After!"
- Cendrillon: Amy Joy Choate / Zoe Scaljon
- Le Prince Charmant: Sashell Beck / Alex Schenck
- Pandolfe: Anthony Moreno / Ron Mitchell
- Madame de la Haltiere: Alyssa Wills / Mindi Ehrlich
- La Fee: Natasha Valdes / Nicola Said
- Noemie: Christina Liem / Beth Wightwick
- Dorothee: Rachel Smiley / Jessie Shulman
- Le Roi: Ryan Ross
- Child: Katrina Doyle-Jacobson
- Le Doyen de la Faculte: JJ Lopez / Juan Castaneda
- Le Surintendant le Plaisirs: Bennett Billard / Thomas Hung
- Le Premier Ministre: Steven Berlanga / Jeong Sang Lyu
- Spirits: Sara VandenBroek, Andria Coyne, Alannah Garnier, Rebecca Butkivich, Hannah De Los Reyes, Maayan Voss De Bettancourt Chorus: Jenny Swoish, Joanna Strunk, Elizabeth Queen, Bianca Henry, Desiree Quiles, Reilly Jennings, Florentino Zarate, Landon Shaw, Nathan Bailey, John Herceg
Tickets: $25 / $15 (Students with valid ID)
How to Order:
Call the Box Office direct line 562-985-7000 or order online through the Ticket Office.