A variety of scholarships exist for students in Biological Sciences at CSULB. These scholarships are divided between annual department awards in various disciplines and awards from private foundations.
Application forms are normally available mid-February. Unless otherwise indicated, application forms are available in the Department of Biological Sciences, PH1-109, (562) 985-4806. Deadlines vary each year. Most deadlines are approximately late April.
If you are not a Biological Sciences major, please contact your major department for other available scholarships.
Annual Departmental Awards:
Applicants must be pursuing the M.S. Degree in Biology, or M.S. Degree in Microbiology, at CSULB, and must be Advanced to Candidacy (or eligible for Advancement).
Amount of scholarship variable. See Kay Belletti for information, PH1-215.
Scholarship awarded annually to a graduating senior in Microbiology who has been accepted by a Medical Technology training program recognized by the California Department of Health.
*California Association of Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CACLS) ($500-$1000)
1. undergraduate students with upper division standing (juniors or seniors)
2. a major in Biological Sciences with an emphasis in cellular physiology
3. GPA of 3.25 or higher
4. letter of recommendation from a faculty member in Biological Sciences, CSULB
:: Annual Private Foundation Awards:
:: Other Awards available to students in the Natural Sciences:
Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship:
The qualifying student must meet the following criteria:
1. sophomore or junior pursuing a B.S. on a full-time basis
2. must have overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
3. interest in pursuing a Ph.D. in mathematics, natural sciences, or engineering
4. prior research experience preferred
5. must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Resident Alien
Scholarship $7500/academic year. Application Deadline is in November.
For applications, contact:Valerie Kelsey
Coordinator for University Scholarships
Student Services/Office of the Dean of Students
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com