WebComm Meeting Minutes
November 16, 2011 at 3:00PM
University Student Union, Room 306
- Adam Amberden, CED
- Javier Banuelos, CHHS
- Frederic Camba, UR&D
- Greg Cutler, WDC
- Linda Fontes, ATS
- Gerard Greenidge, Chancellor's Office
- Ali Hamidian, 49er Shops
- Jill Horn, ATS
- Greg Hosylik, CLA
- Jorge Hurtado, UR&D
- Ed Lara, WDC
- Vu Mai, Student Services
- Pat Mullen, COTA (Art)
- Wayne Pierson, WDC
- Steven Orr, WDC
- Tom Owen, CCPE
- Nadia Ruiz, ATS
- Jesse Santana, ITS
- Gabriel Wilson, CDC
Opening remarks by WebComm Chair Mullen thanking David Kleen and the USU for use of their excellent facility.
Compliance Sheriff - Jill Horn
- CSULB accessibilty rules have been finalized and integrated into the software package
- Requirements for obtaining licenses not yet finalized.
- Manual Evaluations will continue to be required.
- Some challenges remain: CSU accessibility rules still being evaluated.
University Giving Sites Update - Frederic Camba
- Detailed challenges on the online giving process.
- Showed the new GiveTo.csulb.edu site and went over the steps in the giving process.
- Discussion on the mechanics of giving and how entities are listed as giving targets.
Google Search Appliance - Steven Orr
- Overview of how the GSA works: "collections" vs "buckets" and front ends.
- Current implmentation on CSULB webscape is only at the highest levels.
- Best functionality cannot be achieved without a campus strategy for granular implementation at lower (department) levels.
- Discussion followed on how this might be accomplished.
- Gerard has offered to conduct a seminar on setting up data for the GSA. Current plans are for this to take place in early 2012.
University Template - Jorge Hurtado
- New template in final stages of development
- To be based on the 960 Grid System http://960.gs/
- Wordpress and Dreamweaver versions are in development
- Deliverables expected in first quarter of 2012
Adjourned at 4:35 PM