Advancing Homeland Security Technology
Professor Chin Chang of the Department of Electrical Engineering has recently received a three-year, $220K grant from the Department of Homeland Security in support of his research in security-related technologies.
Among the primary areas of focus for Dr. Chang and his research group are computer vision and machine learning for applications in cargo container inspection, port protection, and unmanned aerial vehicles, as well as use of fiber-optic sensors for monitoring, diagnosis, and protection of such key national infrastructure elements as bridges and nuclear power plants.
- CSULB is one of just five universities in the nation recognized for quality, affordability and access in a new report by The Education Trust.
- The Princeton Review, Kiplingerís, and The Chronicle of Higher Education continue to name CSULB among the best public institutions in the nation.
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education ranked CSULB Ninth among its "Top 100 Degree Producers" in the nation in conferring baccalaureate degrees to minority students.
- Ten of the 26 students selected for the prestigious CSULB Presidentís Scholars Program in 2012 are pursuing degrees in the College of Engineering.
- College of Engineering
- California State University, Long Beach
- 1250 Bellflower Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90840
- Phone: 562-985-5121