Computer Engineering & Computer Science (CECS)
CECS Newsletter #5 for Fall 2007
- Free Tutoring
- Weekend Lab Hours
- Student/Faculty Mixer
- Student Organizational Meetings
- Employment Opportunities
- Rhythm and Hues Studios
- Learning Tree International
- Hopefully Helpful Information
- Tutoring: The Learning Assistance Center will be providing free tutoring for all students who need help in CECS 174, 274, 277, 261 and 201. The tutoring sessions will be on Fridays between 10:00a.m. to 2:00p.m. in CES Lab 404.
- Lab Hours: The CECS Labs ECS 403 & ECS 416 will be open on Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for the remainder of the semester.
- Student Mixer:: Next Tuesday, September 25th from 11-1 the College of Engineering will be having its Student/Faculty Mixer in the "VEC Quad". All are welcome. Free Subway and drinks will be served. Last year we had close to 300 people attend, and we hope more attend this year.
Student Organizational Meetings
- ACM: The next meeting for ACM will be October 1 in ECS 302 at noon. The topic is TBD.
- Beachsort Technologies (BT): Beachsort Technologies is a challenging computer/business organization that strives to build a professional reputation with CSULB and the community at large. We simulate IT (Information Technology) companies to provide our student members real-world computer projects, build a professional profile, and get students involved in various extra-curricular activities. If you ever want to get involved in what's going on at CSULB, itching to take your computer/business skills to the next level, and/or generally take advantage of the opportunities we offer, this organization is for you. Meeting times will be announced shortly. Beachsort website
- EAT: Embedded Applications Technology holds meetings every Tuesday and Thursday at 4pm in ECS-304. All are welcome.
- SWE: The next meeting for SWE will be October 2nd, at 4:45 pm. New members: If you register on-line at http://www.swe.org/join, please print your confirmation page for reimbursement.
Hopefully Helpful Information
- Graduation: The deadline for Spring graduation is around the corner. Please make sure you see an advisor to go over your program planner. You will need to bring a sealed, stamped copy of your planner to Enrollment Services. For detailed instructions on the steps to graduate, see http://www.csulb.edu/depts/enrollment/graduation/bachelor.html