Construction Engineering Management (CECEM)
CE Course Descriptions
CEM Course Descriptions
ENGR Course Descriptions
Master of Science in Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering and Construction Engineering Management offers a degree in Master of Science
in Civil Engineering with emphasis in one of the following areas:
The MSCE program provides an opportunity for engineers and others to advance their competency in analysis and design to better meet the needs of the industry. Students select four courses in one area of emphasis, two elective courses which support the area of emphasis, and two math courses. Students may choose a thesis or project option. The thesis option requires completion and defense of a thesis. The project option requires passing a comprehensive exam in four areas and an additional course in or outside an area of emphasis.
The graduate program is tailored to working professionals. Most of our graduate students work full-time and attend classes in the evenings. A large majority enroll in the program as part-time students.
Current Catalog Information
To qualify for admission, you must meet the following admission requirements:
- Earned a degree of Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or closely related engineering degree.
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.8.
- Evidence of appropriate level of competency from GRE results.
- International applicants must have a TOEFL score of 550 or IELTS score of 6.0. For other types of English language demonstration, please visit the Center for International Education site.
- Apply to the university online at CSUMentor. International graduate applicants must file 'CSU Long Beach International'.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended to the Enrollment Services.
- Submit the result of your recent Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- International applicant must submit a copy of the result of TOEFL or ILETS exam.
- Submit three letters of references to:
- Graduate Committee
- Civil Engineering and Construction
- Engineering Management Department
- California State University, Long Beach
- 1250 Bellflower Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90840-5101
For additional information, please visit the Enrollment Services' website.
For additional information please visit Graduate Studies website.
- Spring: Preceding October 1st
- Fall: April 15th
A graduate applicant may be admitted in either of the two classifications:
For additional information, please visit the GRADUATE and Post Baccalaureate Admission Requirements
- Graduate Standing - Conditionally Classified. This may be offered to an applicant who shows promise of success but who may have deficiencies in prerequisite preparation. A student has two semesters to change conditionally classified standing to classified standing.
- Graduate Standing - Classified. This may be offered to an applicant who satisfactorily meets the requirements for admission.
CE Graduate Program Advisor