- Admissions Information
- Course Information
- Distance Education
- Continuing Education
- Stipend Grants & Special Programs
MSW Admissions News & Updates
FALL 2013 APPLICANTS: Please read each item carefully to ensure a successful application process!
The School of Social Work application cycle for the 2013-14 academic year begins October 1st. Please be sure to follow the guidelines below:
- An applicant must apply to CSULB University Enrollment Services (U.E.S.) before submitting an application to the School of Social Work. Official transcripts must be submitted to U.E.S..
- A School of Social Work application can be submitted when a CSULB student identification number has been issued to the applicant through U.E.S. and the application is ready for Department Review.
- U.E.S. and the School of Social Work receives applications to the graduate program from October 1st through February 15th.
- The MSW application deadline for U.E.S. and the School of Social Work is February 15th.
- Only complete applications are reviewed. A complete application includes the School of Social Work application, current resume, personal statement, three (3) reference forms (letters can be attached), and a copy of the course syllabus for the elementary statistics prerequisite. Applicants that submit incomplete packets will be notified via email - prior to February 15th they will have until the deadline to make corrections, after the deadline they will have five (5) days after notification to make corrections.
FALL 2012 APPLICANTS: Reapplication Information
The admissions office will retain application materials from the Fall 2012 applicant pool until December 15, 2012. If you plan on reapplying for the Fall 2013 admissions cycle, be sure to do the following:
- Submit a request via email that states your intention to reapply for Fall 2013 by December 15, 2012. We will retain your previous application folder upon receipt of your request, otherwise files are recycled at the end of the Fall 2012 admissions cycle.
- Submit a Fall 2013 university application to CSULB Enrollment Services. Submit required documentation to the University, including updated transcripts if needed.
- Complete a Fall 2013 School of Social Work application (pages 1 - 5) and submit it to the admissions unit with the other required documents - current resume, personal statement, three (3) reference forms (letters can be attached), and a copy of the course syllabus for the elementary statistics prerequisite.
Thank you for your interest in the CSULB School of Social Work!