- Admissions Information
- Course Information
- Distance Education
- Continuing Education
- Stipend Grants & Special Programs
Things to consider before filling out an application
- Carefully read the entire application. Applicants are expected to provide complete and accurate information
- The Bachelor of Arts in Social Work application deadline is Friday, March 1, 2013.
The department will start accepting applications after October 1st each year. Applications will not be accepted after deadline.
- Applicants are required to apply to the University (www.csumentor.edu) as well as to the Department of Social Work. The deadline to apply to the University is November 30th each year. Admission to the department is contingent upon admission to the University by Enrollment Services. If you are an International student and you hold a non-immigrant (student or exchange) visa you will need to complete three applications;
Prospective students are encouraged to attend one of the School's information meetings (listed under "Information Meetings" in the right column). These events are held on campus once a month beginning in October through February. Please continue to check the website periodically for updates!
Fully assemble your application at the time of submission. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Fully assembled applications include:
- The Bachelor of Social Work application;
- The University application;
- The Center for International Education (CIE) application. The Center for International Education begins accepting applications October 1st through November 30th . To obtain a CIE application contact International Admissions at (562)985-5476 or visit http://www.csumentor.edu/admissions/intl_apply.asp .
All CSULB and transfer applicants must have completed a minimum of 60 semester units, including the following five prerequisite courses or their equivalents (see "Course Equivalencies" link) before entering the Bachelor of Arts in Social Work program: Cultural Anthropology, Human Anatomy & Physiology or Human Biology (Lab recommended for General Education requirement), Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, and Elementary statistics.
- School application;
- Personal statement;
- Two (2) reference forms (letters are optional but can be attached);
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent to University Enrollment Services.
For questions regarding the application process applicants may call (562)985-4615 and read the Information Brochure (see "Information Brochure" link) for additional information on concentrations, program models, field education and schedule of classes.