Registered Nurse Program
Students are admitted to the University and to the Nursing Program in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- March 15 (for Fall Semester)
- October 15 (for Spring Semester)
Each applicant must perform the following:
- Complete application process for admission to University. Admission to the University is required prior to admission into the nursing program.
- Complete nursing application for admission to the ADN-BSN (RN Pathway) program. Application available from the Department of Nursing or online.
- Submit the completed nursing application along with official transcripts from your ADN program. May use unofficial transcripts (student's copy) only until official transcripts are received.
- Mark in the upper right-hand corner of your application NRSGBS02. Please note that official transcripts will be required for final processing. Transcripts are to be mailed to:
CSULB, Dept. of Nursing
Attn: Admissions Committee
1250 Bellflower Blvd
Long Beach CA 90840-0301
- You must take the Graduate Writing Assessment requirement the first semester or prior to admission. Register through the University Testing Office at (562) 985-4006.
Graduates Of Foreign Nursing Programs
Applicants must have satisfactorily completed a course of instruction in an accredited school of professional nursing that meets California's education requirements. Applicants must pass the State Board Test Pool Examination or National Council Licensure Examinations (NCLEX) prior to admission. All graduates of foreign nursing programs must be processed for admission through the Center for International Education Admission Service (562) 985-4106.
Graduates Of Diploma Programs
Graduates of diploma schols of nursing are urged to seek information/admission to a community college that offers the opportunity to earn academic credit for a diploma nursing program.