- About the Department
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty
- James Becker, Ph.D.
- Jill Crussemeyer, Ph. D.
- James A. Davis, Ph. D
- Keith Freesemann, Ed. D.
- Christine Galvan, Ph. D.
- Sharon R. Guthrie, Ph.D.
- Grant Hill, Ph.D.
- Kerrie J. Kauer, Ph. D.
- Jeff Kress, Ph. D.
- Barry Lavay, Ph. D
- Mikiko Nakajima, Ed. D.
- Clayre Petray-Rowcliffe, Ph. D.
- Ralph Rozenek, Ph. D.
- Jan Schroeder, Ph. D.
- D. Margaret Toohey-Costa, Ph.D.
- Tiffanye M. Vargas, Ph. D.
- Emyr Williams, Ph. D.
- Alison M. Wrynn, Ph. D
- Wilbur Wu, Ph. D.
- Douglas Young, Ph. D.
- CONTACTS -Faculty (Full / Part Time / T.A.)
- Degree and Program Options
- Adapted Physical Education, B.A.
- Athletic Training, B.S.
- Adapted Physical Education, M.A.
- Coaching and Student Athlete Development, M.A.
- Exercise Physiology and Nutrition, M.S.
- Exercise Science, B.S.
- Exercise Science, M.S.
- Fitness, B.S.
- Individualized Program, and Generalized Areas
- K-12 Physical Education Teacher Education, B.A.
- Kinesiotherapy, B.S. (No longer accepting new students)
- Pedagogical Studies, M.A.
- Motor Behavior, M.A.
- Sport and Exercise Psychology, M.S.
- Sport Psychology and Leadership, B.S.
- Sport Management, M.A.
- Sports Medicine and Injury Studies, M.S.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Jan Schroeder, Ph. D
University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas
1997 Ph.D. Physical Education: Exercise Physiology
California State University Fullerton, Fullerton, California
1994 M.S. Physical Education: Exercise Physiology
Chapman College, Orange, California
1989 B.A. Movement/Exercise Science
Scholarly and Creative Interests:
My interests lie with the older adult population as well as the fitness industry in general.
Schroeder, J.M. and Friesen, K. (2007). "Growth Potential Continues for Personal Training" IDEA Trainer Success, 4 (4), 1-10.
Schroeder, J.M. and Friesen, K. (2007). "Meeting the Challenge: Variety, Actvity for All" IDEA Fitness Manager, 19 (4), 1-16.
Schroeder, J.M. and Friesen, K. (2007). "2007 IDEA Fitness Programs & Equipment Survey: Influencing & Inspiring Exercisers with Creativity" IDEA Fitness Journal, July - August 2007, 86-95.
Berger, C. and Schroeder, J.M. (2007). 'Guidelines for Designing Flexibility Programs.' In ACSM's Resources for the Personal Trainer, 2nd ed. (431-452). Philadelphia: Lippencott Williams & Wilkins.
Kress, J.L., Schroeder, J.M., and Geffner, D. (2006). "Learning the Ropes: Challenging Children with Diabetes." ACSM Health and Fitness Journal, 10(5), 19-23.
Aerobics and Fitness Association of America, Consultant
24 Hour Fitness, Group Exercise Instructor