Program Application Requirements
Complete the online Program Application Form (access available during January 1 - February 4 ) to the Athletic Training Program. The following requiements need to be met and will be confirmed in the program application form.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.7.
- GPA Calculator can be found here,
- Following prerequisite courses, each with grade of "C" or better (visit www.assist.org to verify transfer course equivalents)
- BIOL 207 (Human Physiology)
- BIOL 208 (Human Anatomy)
- PSY 100 (General Psychology)
- ATEP 207 (Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries)
- The above courses can be "In Progress" when you apply to the program.
- Minimum of 150 hours of athletic training experience.
- At least 100 of these hours must be attained by participation in a traditional athletic training setting under the supervision of a BOC-certified athletic trainer.
- A maximum of 50 of these hours may be attained in a clinical setting under a supervision of an allied healthcare professional. Examples are, but not limited to the following: sports medicine clinics, summer sports camps, sports performance facilities, hospital facilities, or dance performance centers.
- List of possible clinical sites to complete athletic training experience
- Three references
- One of the references must be your supervising ATC
- Individuals listed as a reference will be sent a link to the online recommendation form.
- Declaration of understanding and ability to meet ATEP’s Technical Standards for Admission.
Additional Recommended Preparation
- CHEM 100 (Chemistry and Today’s World); or CHEM 111A (General Chemistry); or CHEM 140 (General, Organic, and Biochemistry)
- MATH 109 (Modeling with Algebra); or MATH 113 (Precalculus Algebra); or MATH 117 (Precalculus Mathematics); or MATH 119A (Survey of Calculus I); or MATH 122 (Calculus I)
- NUTR 132 (Introductory Nutrition)
- PHYS 100A (General Physics)
To start the onllne application process, please click on the following link.
- Click here for a sample of the program application form. Do not submit a paper form.