Professional Excellence Award
This award recognizes two students who have demonstrated excellent professional behavior and growth throughout the academic year through his or her activities on and off campus, and how the knowledge and skills gained from SCPD programs enabled that professional behavior. Factors that are considered in this award would include active participation in professional organizations, a willingness to dress, act and speak in a professional manner, and a demonstrated effort to improve professional skills and attributes through workshops, reading and other professional development activities.
Awards are based upon a written essay and a 7 - 10 minute oral presentation to a panel of judges. Written essays should be three to five pages long, double spaced and document how, over the course of the academic year, they have benefitted from specific SCPD learning experiences and what the outcome may have been had it not been for these learning experiences. Testimonials validating professional behavior from mentors, bosses, trainers, business professionals and others may be attached to the essay.
This year, due to new regulations on monetary awards and financial aid, the winners of our awards will receive an iPad Mini and will be recognized at our Awards Banquet on Friday, May 3rd 2013. Also, Dale Carnegie has generously donated a special training for the winner of this year Professional Excellence Award. To learn more about the training visit the Dale Carnegie website.
- Any current SCPD student.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Demonstrated development of professional skills and attribute
- Online Application Form – to be submitted to SCPD no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday, March 29th 2013.
- Essay and supporting documentation to be uploaded onto the Online Application Form.
- Candidate must be available to give an oral presentation to a panel of judges during the week of April 8, 2013.
- Applying for the Professional Excellence Award does not disqualify a student from applying for any other SCPD award.
- Questions? Contact SCPD Office at (562) 985-2265 or email us: email@example.com