Applying for a Visiting Scholar Position
The Department of Marketing is supportive of faculty members encouraging academic visits by colleagues as such opportunities for direct interaction foster a stimulating intellectual environment both in our department and in the larger academic community.
- Types of Academic Visitors
- Short-term Academic Visitor (normally staying longer than 2 weeks but less than three months)
- Long-term Academic Visitor (normally staying longer than three months but less than a year)
- Self-supported Academic Visitor
- Department-supported Academic Visitor
- Decision Process for Evaluating Short-term, Long-term & Self-supported AVs
- A prospective AV should send an application to the Department of Marketing office. The application should include at least (1) application letter, (2) academic vita, (3) research plan, (4) statement of faculty support needed, and (5) potential benefits to the department and/or the college.
- Department Chair will review application and render a decision.
- Department Chair may set up a committee to review application and provide her/him with more information.
- No application will be approved unless a Department of Marketing faculty member is willing to sponsor the AV.
- The department normally supports one AV at a time.
- Policy on Assigning Office Space to Short-term and Long-term AVs
- Acceptance depends on availability of office space during the visit.
- Applicants should have minimum academic qualifications (ABD or completed Ph.D. in marketing or a related field).
NOTE: This procedure was M/S/P in the Department of Marketing meeting on 02/04/2011 (see Department of Marketing minutes).