Minor in Marketing (code MKTGUM01)
Students should review CSULB's New Admissions Policies and Procedures.
This option establishes that marketing is largely a social process, emphasing that enterprises meet the needs of individuals or segments of society. The function of marketing is to determine those needs, provide the most effective means of informing actual and potential customers of the availability of services and goods, and deliver such services and goods.
Requirements for Minors:
For non-Business students only. The following CBA core course is required:
- MKTG 300: Principles of Marketing
Select 15 units (5 courses) from the following.*
- MKTG 310: Retail Concepts and Policies
- MKTG 330: Mass Marketing Communications: Advertising
- MKTG 410: Services Marketing (MKTG 300)
- MKTG 420: Sales Management (MKTG 300)
- MKTG 430: Promotion Strategies (MKTG 300)
- MKTG 437: Digital Marketing & Media (MKTG 300)
- MKTG 465: Business to Business Marketing (MKTG 300)
- MKTG 470: Marketing Research (MKTG 300, IS 310)
- MKTG 480: International Marketing (MKTG 300)
- MKTG 481: Special Topics in International Marketing (MKTG 300)
- MKTG 490: Consumer Behavior (MKTG 300)
- MKTG 492: New Products, New Services (MKTG 300)
- MKTG 494: Marketing Management (MKTG 300, Senior Standing)
- CBA 300: International Business
- CBA 493: Business Internship (Instructor consent, IS 301)
* Prerequisites are in parentheses. Click here for Course Descriptions. CBA 493 (Internship) does not count as an elective in the Marketing Minor program until Fall 2013.
For information on the Minor in Marketing, contact Dr. Ingrid Martin in CBA 352 or via email email@example.com.