MBA Marketing Course Descriptions
Students desiring more information should contact the MBA Office or the complete CSULB catalog.
Masters of Business Administration Graduate Courses*
500. Marketing Concepts (3) Prerequisite: MBA standing required. Overview of the decision process in marketing. Consideration of functional areas and their interaction with the total operations of the firm. Introduction to the development of marketing strategy and planning. Letter grade only (A-F). [Note: This course is designed for incoming MBA students who do not have the requisite business background. Please refer to the MBA program website for more information.]
600. Seminar in Marketing Management (3) Prerequisite: MKTG 500. Identifying and solving marketing problems. Advanced case analysis and discussion. Application of marketing principles and techniques including the use of information systems, databases, behavioral theories, financial analysis, and management techniques. Letter grade only (A-F).
663. Seminar in Advertising Policies (3) Prerequisites: MKTG 500. Discussion and analysis of advertising situations, objective setting, creative strategies, media strategies and models, and evaluation. Applications of mass communication theories and marketing databases. Letter grade only (A-F). [Note: This course is currently being re-structured and updated.]
665. Seminar in Marketing Research (3) Prerequisites: MKTG 500 and IS 601. The role of research in the solution of marketing problems. Research methods in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting information for business use. Survey and experimental approaches included. Case studies and/or class projects required. Letter grade only (A-F).
666. Seminar in International Marketing (3) Prerequisite: MKTG 500. Analysis of problems and opportunities in international marketing operations. Consideration of entry strategies, competitive strategies, domestication, and nationalization problems. Use of marketing information systems to evaluate opportunities and threats in foreign markets. Letter grade only (A-F).
668. Seminar in Consumer Behavior (3) Prerequisite: MKTG 500.
Topics in the behavioral sciences as they apply to marketing. Application of psychological, sociological, anthropological, and economic theories and models to the understanding of buyer behavior and the development of marketing strategy. Letter grade only (A-F).
669. Seminar in Strategic Planning (3) Prerequisite: MKTG 600. The role and use of marketing research and information systems as the basis for development and implementation of marketing strategy. Case studies and/or class projects required. Letter grade only (A-F).
695. Selected Topics (3) Prerequisites: MBA standing, consent of instructor. May be repeated to a maximum of 6 units with different topics. Topics announced in the Schedule of Classes. Letter grade only (A-F).
697. Directed Studies (1-3) Prerequisitess: MBA standing,consent of instructor and Department Chair, and MBA Director. Individual study under the direction of a faculty member. Letter grade only (A-F).
* Units are in parentheses after course title.