Open Access Lab User Policies & Procedures
- No Food, No Beverages, No Water bottles and/or other beverage containers are permitted in the Open Access Lab (OAL), or in the computer classrooms. Spilled beverages constitute a potential safety hazard due to the electrical outlets located in the floor under the computer workstations. Additionally, spilled beverages and food particles shorten the life of computer equipment, stain the carpeting (which results in additional custodial charges to the CBA), and attracts ants and other pests. Please refrain from bringing any food or beverages into the CBA Instructional Technology Department (a.k.a., CBA Computing Center).
- Students desiring to use an OAL computer must first report to the Front Counter and present a valid (current) CSULB Student I. D. card. Without presentation of a valid CSULB I.D. card, we will be unable to issue you a computer. This is a CSULB campus-wide policy.
- Attach the computer I.D. tag to the Velcro strip located on the upper left side of the monitor.
- OAL student workers are employed to monitor the use of and maintain the OAL in accordance with established policies and procedures; resolve minor hardware and/or software problems, etc.; they are NOT employed to provide software or homework tutoring. Students unfamiliar with the use of any software program(s) will need to obtain assistance from their individual course instructor(s).
- To pay for printing, students must have a CSULB Beach Account card or Courtesy Card with sufficient funds to cover printing charges. University rules and regulations prohibit us from accepting cash in payment of print jobs. NOTE: It is a student's responsibility to “print preview” each document to check for correct formatting before sending it to the printer. You will be charged for all documents released from the print queue.
- Computer workstations are reserved for use by students who have properly checked out a computer from the Front Counter, AND who are using the computer. Students just reading or studying should not be occupying computer workstations. There are study tables available throughout the OAL.
- During peak periods, computers left unattended for more than 15 minutes may be released and made available for check-out to waiting students.
- Students must provide ALL of their own office supplies (e.g., stapler, staples, floppy/ZIP disks, blank CDs, paper clips, Scotch tape, pens, pencils, Post-It notes, mailing labels, envelopes, etc.). We do not give out or provide office supplies.
- When you are finished using a computer, PLEASE check to be sure that before leaving the OAL:
- you have all of your personal belongings, including floppy/ZIP disks/CDs,
- you remove all discarded papers and other debris and deposit them in a wastebasket,
- you push in your chair,
- you return the computer I.D. tag to the Front Counte
*** THE CBA INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ASK ANY INDIVIDUAL REFUSING TO OBSERVE THESE CBA POLICIES AND PROCEDURES TO LEAVE.