Appointment Procedures & Guidelines
CSULB students who are interested in declaring or those already majoring in Business Administration or pre-business can make an appointment through the on-line Student Success System (SSS). In person at CBA100 or by Calling 562.985.4514
Individual appointments are only available two weeks in advance. Indivudal appointments are 30 minutes long and fill up quickly. So please schedule your appointments in advance.
Quick Question Advising
We do offer quick question advising for any student to speak to a CBA academic advisor. Please be advised that quick question advising is on a first come first serve basis. Please visit http://www.csulb.edu/colleges/cba/advising/contact/ for our most up to date Quick Question hours. Quick question advising is meant to address student needs quickly. If more than 5-10 minutes is needed to address a student’s questions, they will be asked to book an individual appointment.
Students who have been academically disqualified from the University must attend a Reinstatement Workshop through the University Center for Undergraduate Advising (UCUA) in the Horn Center. You may contact UCUA at (562) 985-4837. Once a disqualified student has completed the reinstatement workshop, they may see a CBA Advisor.
Former CSULB students interested in readmission/reactivation to the university must first submit an admission application to the university through CSU Mentor. Visit Enrollment Services website for admission deadlines. In the meantime, please send an email to CBAfirstname.lastname@example.org notifying us that you intend to resume your degree. Please provide us your contact information, student ID number or last four digits of your Social Security number. If your legal name has changed since you last attended CSULB please provide us with both your current and previous names.
If you are interested in attending CSULB for a future semester we offer Outreach workshops and events, please visit University Outreach & School Relations . We also encourage you to visit Enrollment Services Admission website for detailed information.
How to prepare for a 30-minute advising appointment
- BE ON TIME!
- Print out both your Academic Requirement Report (ARR) and your Degree Planner.
- Make a list of questions you want to discuss (academic concerns, decisions about upcoming semesters, major/minor options, Study Abroad programs, etc.)
- Bring any relevant material with you (Semester Course Planner, showing list of potential sequence of courses for upcoming semesters)
- Do as much homework ahead of time to make the most out of your time with your advisor
- Schedule and attend an advising appointment at least once a year
- Students with GPA deficiencies should see an advisor every semester
- Check-In at the Kiosk located in the CBA Center for Student Success
- Punctuality: Advising appointments are scheduled for 30 minute sessions, so it is recommended that you arrive 10 minutes early. If you are more than 10 minutes late, you may still attend your advising appointment at the discretion of the advisor; however, your session will still end at the scheduled time.
- If a student cannot keep an appointment, it is imperative to go online to cancel the appointment at least 24 hours in advance.
- If a student is running late and cannot keep their advising appointment please call (562-985-4514) to let your advisor know you are running late or will need to cancel.
- Please be courteous to other students by planning ahead (schedule appointments early; cancel or reschedule if necessary). This will help open up time slots for other students.
- Because advising appointments are in high demand, if a student misses two appointments in one semester, he/she will be prevented from making further appointments for the rest of the semester.