Nearly $727,500 has been distributed through this program in its 22-year history.
The Grants Program is designed to provide funding to university departments or programs. The grant could be awarded to a one-time program or an on-going program. The applicants are screened, and the recipients are selected by committees comprised of alumni.
2013 Alumni Grants Reception
The campus community is invited to congratulate the 2013 Alumni Grants Program recipients at the Recognition Reception on Wednesday, March 27 at 4 p.m. The event will be emceed by Alumni Association president Jerry Galbreath ’62.
So that we can properly accommodate you, please RSVP to Leticia Lozoya at x. 5-2539 or Leticia.Lozoya@csulb.edu.
2013 ALUMNI GRANTS RECIPIENTS
The following are the 2013 Alumni Grants recipients that were selected by the Alumni Association board of directors. The grand total is $50,162.28 for 9 programs.
We appreciate the sponsorship of SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union toward this program.
1. Biological Sciences: Spectrophotometers and pH meters for non-majors biology lab. Brian T. Livingston
2. Chemistry & Biochemistry: Refractometer and diagnostic equipment. Kris Slowinski
3. Computer Engineering and Computer Science: Computational Physiology Teaching System. Shadnaz Asgari
4. Design Department: Laser Cutter. Martin Herman
5. Electrical Engineering: Three Humanoid Robot Kits for artificial intelligence research. Walter Martinez
6. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering: Heat treating furnace for MAE materials laboratory. Parvin Shariat
7. School of Nursing: Computerized Manikin torso. Loucine M. Huckabay
8. Physical Therapy: Binocular Video Goggles System. Olfat Mohamed
9. Single Subject Credential Program: Specialized DVDs, UBDtexts/ unit templates. Deborah Mitchell
Click Here for the 2013 Guidelines
Thank you for your interest.
Past Grants Recipients