Nearly $776,700 has been distributed through this program since its founding in 1991.
One of the main missions of the CSULB Alumni Association is to support our alma mater. Since 1991, nearly $776,700 has been distributed through the Alumni Grants Program to enhance our academic departments and non-academic programs, enriching the student experience. The recipients are selected by committees comprised of alumni,
The campus community is invited to congratulate the 2014 Alumni Grants Program recipients at the Recognition Reception.
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
The Pointe at The Walter Pyramid
Reception – 4:00 p.m.
Recognition – 4:30 p.m.
Please RSVP by Friday, April 11 to 562-985-7022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is free of charge.
2014 ALUMNI GRANTS RECIPIENTS
The following are the 2014 Alumni Grants recipients that were selected by the Alumni Association board of directors. The grand total is $49,059.49 for 10 programs.
We appreciate the sponsorship of SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union toward this program.
1. School of Art, Illustration/Animation: “Whisper Room” Sound Isolation Booth. Aubry Mintz. $7,283.
2. Biological Sciences: Full-figure nervous and circulatory system model. Jacqueline Pal. $5,094.70.
3. College of Business Administration Student Center for Professional Development: Speakers’ fees for professional development workshops. Eve Espindola. $3,000.
4. Chemistry and Biochemistry: TR3 Rotavapor and Calorimeter for chemistry courses. Krzysztof Slowinski. $7,500.
5. Civil Engineering and Construction Engineering Management: BIM software for Autodesk Revit for Building Design and Construction. Hung Nguyen. $4,780.
6. Disabled Students Services: WorldQ software licenses to improve writing skills.
Velma Martin. $2,929.28.
7. Electrical Engineering and Engineering Technology: Two 3D printers to print parts for robots used during labs. Walter Martinez. $5,278.
8. Journalism and Mass Communications. Refurbished Daily 49er news racks. Dan Olsen and Beverly Munson. $3,920.
9. Library: Non-fiction books for Children’s Collection for teacher education students. Cathy Outten. $1,774.51.
10. Romance, German, Russian Languages and Literature. Smartroom classroom conversion. Markus Muller. $7,500.
Thank you for your interest.
Past Grants Recipients